Friday 2 December 2011

Film Review : December



















A few films I've seen recently.....

1. A Streetcar Named Desire
1951
Based on the play by Tennessee Thomas.
Starring Marlon Brando and Vivian Leigh.
Imdb rating 8.1
I was a little distracted when I saw this, so I should probably see it again to give it a fair rating. 
The characters were portrayed brilliantly, and it challenges issues like rape and domestic abuse. 


2. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
1975
Based on the novel by Ken Kesey 
Starring Jack Nicholson and Danny DeVito 
Imdb rating 8.8
This was a brilliant film, and I would definitely recommend it. 
The characters are really intriguing, and it has a surprise ending!


3. Winter's bone
2010
Based on the novel by Daniel Woodrell 
Starring Jennifer Lawrence
Imdb rating 7.3
Quite a slow film, although really interesting story line.
You can really sympathise with Ree, the main character, she plays the part brilliantly.


4. Enid 
2009
Directed by James Hawes 
Starring Helena Bonham Carter and a few other familar faces
Imdb rating 6.7
Based on Enid Blyton's life, it tells the story of her career and her family life. 
I really enjoyed this made for tv film as I love Helena Bonham Carter!



No comments:

Post a Comment