Saturday 31 December 2011

Film Review : January









A few films I have seen recently...............


1. Dorian Gray (2009)
Imdb rating 6.3
An average film with a great performance from Colin Firth. 
It has further persuaded me to read the book. 


2. The Grinch (2000)
Imdb rating 5.7
One of the best Christmas films. Jim Carey is genius as The Grinch. 
I took more from it at the age of twenty than I did when I first saw it at nine years old. 
I was really surprised to see that Imdb had given it such a low rating. 

3. Un Prophete (2009)
Imdb rating 8.0
I adore French films and 'A Prophet' did not disappoint. 
Despite being set in a male prison it is extremely relatable and questions how far you are willing to step over your own moral line. 

4. Twenty Four Seven (1997)
Imdb rating 6.9
The first of Shane Meadows films, it is considered by some as his least successful. However, I found it entertaining and moving. The gritty style, synonymous with Meadows results in a story that is believable if not a little far fetched. Well worth a watch. 

5. Made in Dagenham (2010)
Imdb rating 7.1
A fantastic feel good film with some great 60's outfit inspiration. 
Sally Hawkins is brilliant as Rita O'Grady.

No comments:

Post a Comment